Tuesday, August 02, 2016

NaNoWriMo thoughts

After still typing on my Magnolia-series (it never ends!) for July's Camp NaNoWriMo and coming to the realisation that 1k a day makes my writing better than pushing 2k a day I'm pondering about writing a whole other story for NaNoWriMo in November so to not fuck up the pacing/story of Magnolia Resurrection I'm currently writing on.

An idea I have is to pick up my idea of the children's book about a girl named Celia. I had initially thought of it as a picture book (that is max 1k words btw) but that is like 50 books if I would do that for NaNo in November xD so maybe not... but I have started to think about maybe writing a book for 9-12 yo instead after reading Goth girl by Chris Riddell (read it, you will love it as an adult too!).

I looked it up and that age group seem to have 20-55k word count which would fit right into the 50k goal of NaNoWriMo. Just an idea so far.

But who knows maybe crazy pants me will decide to continue on either book 1 or 2 for Magnolia in November anyway (yes, both of them are ongoing, started book 2 to get a thinking break from 1 and a bit into book 2 I came up with an idea for book 3... ehm...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.