Thursday, January 14, 2016

R.I.P Alan Rickman

Yeez, this year isn't starting well... I logged in to facebook today and saw the quote
"After all this time?"
"Always"
and I liked it but didn't think further until I scrolled below and noticed the theme and saw the little mark of Alan Rickman being trending. I went straight to my go to newspaper and there it was, Alan Rickman had died of cancer at the age of 69.

David Bowie wasn't as much a shock since it was known he was ill but Alan Rickman came like a shock, I wasn't expecting it at all, I thought he would be with us for many years more and continue doing great performances. I've been sad all day.

My favourite roles of his:
Severus Snape. He personified him down to Snape's pinky, he WAS him, there will be no other actor who can capture Snape like that. He played him with the depth the character needed and had, he played him so well that the limits between him and Snape was erased. It still gives me chills when I watch him as Snape.

Colonel Brandon. For those of you who don't know, this is a character from Sense and Sensibility. He is one of the reasons I love that movie, his love and care for Marianne when she can barely look at him, when he rushes to get their mother or when he buys her the piano or reads for her. In the book though I found Colonel Brandon rather flat, so Alan Rickman truly gave the character life.

My tribute:




I can no longer find the beautiful edit with a heartbreaking song to it, so if someone know which one I speak of please link me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.