Monday, July 06, 2015

Books I'd like to read

Classics:
  1. The little prince - Antoine De Saint Exupery
  2. Charlotte's web - EB White
  3. The remains of the day - Kazuo Ishiguro*
  4. Sense and sensibility - Jane Austen*
  5. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  6. The secret history - Donna Tartt
  7. Dracula - Bram Stoker
  8. Frankenstein's monster - Mary Shelley
  9. The secret garden - Frances Hodgson
  10. The bell jar - Sylvia Plath
  11. To kill a mockingbird - Harper Lee
  12. His dark materials - Philip Pullman
  13. Wuthering Heights - Emily Brontë
  14. Middlemarch - George Eliot
  15. The wind in the willows - Kenneth Grahame
  16. Moby Dick - Herman Melville
(I find it a little funny I managed to find 8 female and 8 male authors, how very egalitarian of me, and no I didn't plan it or think about when I chose the books.)

Some others I found when searching around:
  1. The obstacle is the way: the timeless art of turning trials into triumph - Ryan Holiday
  2. You get so alone at times that it just makes sense - Charles Bukowski
  3. Things to shout out loud at parties - Markus Almond
  4. You feel so mortal: essays on the body - Peggy Shinner
  5. The opposite of loneliness: Essays and stories - Marina Keegan

* Seen the movie so would be nice to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.