Thursday, June 04, 2015

Signed up to Camp NaNoWriMo

In July it is time to jot down another story, this time though one can decide word count oneself (from 10k and beyond) and since I am hoping to enjoy summer in July I set 10 000 words as my goal. I didn't want to be stuck with my computer during what I hope to be this year's summer month (May and June have so far not impressed much).

Another reason why I chose just 10k is because I draw blank about what to write. I have some stories I have begun but one of them is a children's book so max 1k and the other is just a short story I think so this has to be completely new*.

So far I know it is going to be in first person since I have been reading a lot of books in that form lately and feel my story gravitate toward that even when I write in third person (even changed my short story mentioned above from third person to first person). I have also decided that main lead's name is Magnolia.

Are you challenging yourself with Camp NaNo in July too?

* During Camp NaNo one can actually edit a novel from before but I am so far not ready to read mine from November last year since it is a very personal story, unsure when I will dare to edit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.