Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Empire [TV series]

I just finished watching the pilot of Empire and I find it really interesting, I will definitely keep watching. There are some interesting and strong characters but sadly the chemistry is lacking between some of them which is a bit of a downer but I am hoping that will be better as the series progress.

The tempo and how it presented each character was really well made, you get some kind of notion and story behind each and every one. This is what Empire managed to do much better than Indian Summers which I wrote about the other day, which sorely lacked in the presentation of characters.

One of the stronger points in this episode was the music, it flows nicely and is really nicely incorporated just as it should since it is about the family behind a record label. They let the music take centre stage and that is one of the reasons why I am going to continue watching this.

The acting is quite well done, some soar higher than others, so it is a little uneven but that is a little expected in the beginning of a series. What is sad though is the chemistry I mentioned earlier isn't better between some of them, I felt it definitely lacked between Jamal and his boyfriend and between Andre and his girlfriend, it just felt like poor acting when they tried to be close.

I am giving it a 3,8 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.