Thursday, March 05, 2015

The Oscars - how did I do?

Fantastic Oscars this year even though Boyhood, my favourite, didn't win as much as I wanted. Truly great speeches from so many, for example Patricia Arquette and Graham Moore. I stayed up from 1am to 6am watching the red carpet and the Oscars and it was truly worth it.

Not long in did I start seeing the pattern and guessed right on The Grand Budapest Hotel and Birdman winning but below I will go by what I thought before watching the Oscars.

So, how did my predictions go?

Best picture: Boyhood Birdman won

Actor (lead): Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything) won as I predicted

Actress (lead): Reese Witherspoon (Wild) Julianne Moore (Still Alice) won (and rightfully so from what the snippet I saw from the film)

Actor (support):
Ethan Hawke (Boyhood) J.K Simmons won (well deserved)

Actress (support): Patricia Arquette (Boyhood) won as I predicted

Animated feature film:
Song of the Sea Big Hero 6 won (not suprising but I really hoped SotF would because it was beautifully made but mainstream is better I guess)

Cinematography: Ida, Mr Turner or The Grand Budapest Hotel Birdman won

Costume design: Into the Woods or Maleficent The Grand Budapest Hotel won

Directing: Boyhood Birdman won

Documenary feature: Finding Vivian Maier CitizenFour won (guessed so when I realised what it was about)

Documentary short subject: ?? Crisis hotline: Veterans press 1 won (should have seen that one coming considering the subject)

Film editing: Boyhood Whiplash won

Foreign language film: Ida won as I predicted

Makeup and hairstyling: Guardians of the Galaxy The Grand Budapest Hotel won

Music (original score): ?? The Grand Budapest Hotel won

Music (original song:): ?? Glory from Selma won (which I guessed/hoped after hearing all the songs being performed)

Production design: Mr Turner The Grand Budapest Hotel won or Interstellar

Short film animated: ?? Feast won

Short film live action: ?? The Phone call won

Sound editing: ?? American sniper won

Sound mixing: ?? Whiplash won

Visual effects: o.o no clue Interstellar won

Writing (adapted screenplay): The Theory of Everything The Imitation Game won

Writing (original screenplay): Boyhood Birdman won


In other words I did quite poorly this year, next time I should do a list for those I wish to win and those I think (realistically) will win since I got several rights while watching the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.