Monday, February 09, 2015

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty [review]

Usually I don't like Ben Stiller films too much, they are a bit too over the top for me and have a tendency to revolve in the pee and poop humour too much but I was pleasantly surprised by The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It felt very unreal at times (sometimes good, sometimes bad) but occasionally it really hit you in the gut (or heart). During the film I chuckled a couple of times and at the end I spilled some tears.

About the movie: Walter works at Life magazine (which is being shut down) with the negative assets (actual film roll photography) and he zones out sometimes and imagine fights and discussion that doesn't take place (kind of like J.D. in Scrubs but Walter's daydreaming usually refers to the actual situation). Sean O'Connell is a photographer who shoots film and Walter have taken good care of his negatives over the years, but this time it doesn't go so well - a negative planned to be the last cover of the magazine goes missing. In his quest to find the missing negative, nr 25, Walter Mitty gets an experience of a life time, together with Todd at eHarmony.

I give it 3,5 Cajas, but ending deserve a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.