Sunday, February 22, 2015

My picks for the Oscars

I really, really, really, hope Boyhood will steal the whole Oscars and win every category they are nominated in (doubtful). What I really do hope is that they win for original screenplay and best picture, it is just such an amazing movie with lots of effort put into it (filmed over 12 years with the same cast). You can find all the nominees here.

Best picture: Boyhood
Note: I really really want this to win but I don't think it will, sadly.

Actor (lead): Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game) or Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)
Note: first one because he is a fantastic actor in general but I have not seen the movie, the other because he seem to be doing a fantastic job from the snippets I saw at the trailer (must see movie!).

Actress (lead): Reese Witherspoon (Wild)
Note: I have only seen the trailer and it seems to be a really interesting movie with the focus on woman's hike in the wild alone and I have the utmost respect for Reese as an actress and therefore I am hoping on this.

Actor (support):
Ethan Hawke (Boyhood)
Note: needless to say anything really

Actress (support): Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)

Animated feature film:
Song of the Sea
Note: this is among the most beautiful animations ever, it is like an eye orgasm.

Cinematography: Ida, Mr Turner or The Grand Budapest Hotel
Note: No clue what to pick here but these are my bets from what I have seen

Costume design: Into theWoods or Maleficent
Note: I simply like the costumes in these two

Directing: Boyhood
Note: obviously

Documenary feature: Finding Vivian Maier
Note: a very fascinating photographer and I just loved the documentary about her, very intriguing.

Documentary short subject: ?
Note: cannot even guess, have not heard about any of them

Film editing: Boyhood

Foreign language film: Ida
Note: This is the one I have seen anything from and I really think it can win, it is beautifully made.

Makeup and hairstyling: Guardians of the Galaxy
Note: Just a guess

Music (original score): ?
Note: I have not heard any of the music, so no clue

Music (original song:): ?
Note: same reason as the one before

Production design: Mr Turner, The Grand Budapest Hotel or Interstellar
Note: I am hoping for the first two but I have a feel it might be Interstellar instead (or another one)

Short film animated: ?
Note: not seen, so no clue

Short film live action: ?
Note: same as the one above

Sound editing: ?
Note: *shrug*

Sound mixing: ?
Note: *shrug*

Visual effects: o.o no clue
Note: This one is way too hard to pick between the nominees, I cannot decide

Writing (adapted screenplay): The Theory of Everything
Note: because I like it and it seem really beautifully written

Writing (original screenplay): Boyhood
Note: obviously, I really hope it wins this!

--
Scheduled post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.