Saturday, January 31, 2015

Projects update: January 2015

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: December

January was the month I applied to many, many jobs and several which I truly wanted. I think I applied to around 30 jobs this month. I also had a wonderful time with my boyfriend who visited for an extended weekend where we among other things celebrated Valentine's day early. I got a sweet post card from a friend in India and dreamt about travelling. Several of my TV series started again which made me happy, especially to see Zoe in Hart of Dixie (missed it!).

About my hopes: I went on an interview (yesterday) and I am going back for a trial run (stylist for photo shoots) in February (so half a success), they did not start renovating kitchen/bathroom as feared (success) and happy news was that my boyfriend visited over a long-weekend (success).

Hopes for February: That my test shoot goes well and I get that job (or another one), that my boyfriend can visit during his break and that we have fun together and that I get to read at least one book.


Done

Project Panzi hospital - done
I got the good news that they have gotten the industrial washing machines now which leaves my project redundant. I will still try to get a little more money and send over before I give it up. Background: I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $6.46. This might get included in the book project, one of the books might support Panzi.
1/1 done 

 

Ongoing

♥ Selling/giving away
This is going slow but steady. Keep selling something every time I put stuff up for sale. It is not much but at least it is a small income and I get more space.
Neverending
 
♥ Taking care of things in basement

Ex is still a unicorn and I just don't have the energy to bother with the basement at the moment. I haven't been down since the flooding to take care of things, but then I saw several stuff I could sell so I should probably get cracking on that.
3/4 done 


♥ Finding a job (preferably indoors)
Suggestions are appreciated! I can work in Sweden or abroad. My resume: Eng / Swe (.pdf)
0/1 done


On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it.
3/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done 

♥ Closet project - on hold

I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl?

3.5/4 done
 
♥ Children's books project - on hold
About project: I've slowly gotten more and more disturbed that 90% of the main characters are boys in books and that if there is a girl she's wimpy and frankly not independent and cool and dare to do things. So, I started my own project where I hope to organise and make 5 children's books with girl leads. I got some people interested and planning on a meeting with a printing company soon.
0/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.