Friday, January 02, 2015

Projects update: December

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jun & Jul | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan


December was mostly working in the cold for 16h a week (4 days a week) and some times even in rain with people barely opening the door "because it rains" (no, really, haven't noticed) and trying to find a new job to start 2015 with. I applied to over 25 jobs, several which I would love to get. My luck might be turning to the better though, I won a book from a newsletter lottery, now I just need to win/get bigger stuff like a job.

About my hopes: So far no stable job as hoped. Boyfriend couldn't visit but I had enough money to pay all bills. Family drama... well yes.

Hopes for January: I get to go on an interview for a job and then get it, that they will not start renovating my apartment's kitchen/bathroom off the bat and not at the same time and I get some happy news.

 

Ongoing

♥ Selling/giving away
This is going slow but steady. Keep selling something every time I put stuff up for sale. It is not much but at least it is a small income and I get more space.
Neverending
 
♥ Taking care of things in basement

Unchanged, should go down to handle things soon, waited for my ex to get his stuff but that seems to not happen - hopefully in January. I haven't been down since the flooding to take care of things, but then I saw several stuff I could sell so I should probably get cracking on that.
3/4 done 
 

Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $6.46. This might get included in the book project, one of the books might support Panzi.
0/1 done

♥ Finding a job (preferably indoors)
Suggestions are appreciated! I can work in Sweden or abroad. My resume: Eng / Swe (.pdf)
0/1 done


On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it.
3/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done 

♥ Closet project - on hold
I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl?

3.5/4 done
 
♥ Children's books project - on hold
About project: I've slowly gotten more and more disturbed that 90% of the main characters are boys in books and that if there is a girl she's wimpy and frankly not independent and cool and dare to do things. So, I started my own project where I hope to organise and make 5 children's books with girl leads. I got some people interested and planning on a meeting with a printing company soon.
0/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.