Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My name is my weapon + two petitions to sign

I cannot tell how many petitions I have signed in my life, that and letters through Amnesty International. I do that because that is my way of helping and fixing injustices and wrongs in our society. I do not have the money or an organisation behind me but I have my name - and my name together with others is heavy and can make a change.

I know my name can make a change, I have seen it numerous times when gotten good news about prisoners released, bills torn up, punishments cancelled and so on. I believe the pen is mightier and the sword, the pen will always be my weapon of choice. My name will be my currency and I will use it whenever I can.

We need to decide what kind of world we want to live in and make it happen, this is my way of making the world a better place. Below are two petitions I have signed the last day or so which I feel need more names to put more pressure on world leaders.
  • Stop the plan to kill cheap medicine [Avaaz]
    "India produces cheap HIV, malaria and cancer drugs, but Big Pharma wants to stop this, to sell more of their own products at higher prices. [...] Before Obama flies, let’s build a million strong push to protect India as the pharmacy to the world’s poor, and then develop a 'People's Agreement' for medicines."
    Sign HERE.
  • Stop Boko Haram's reign of terror [Avaaz]
    "Boko Haram just used a 10-year-old girl as a bomb-detonator right after massacring up to 2000 people. There is a reign of terror in Northern Nigeria. [...] The only good news: escalating violence has renewed pressure to act. Let's multiply that pressure now and persuade our leaders and the United Nations to convene an emergency Security Council meeting and prioritise this crisis."
    Sign HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.