Sunday, November 30, 2014

Projects update: November

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: Oct | Sep | Aug | Jun & Jul | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan


November was a lot of job hunting and I got a temporary job which freezes my fingers to bits (door2door job for a charity organisation) and I am drinking copious amounts of tea. I also went to Check! which was a weekend for music organisers, which was a really great weekend especially since I ended it with seeing my dad. I also managed to pull off 1 month with my boyfriend and to win NaNoWriMo just as I hoped.

About my hopes: I did go to the music organising weekend, I hit 50k on NaNo and I did get a job. 100% fulfilled on the hopes of November, feels pretty great.

Hopes for December: Get a new more stable job that last longer, preferably indoor. I also hope that I get to see my boyfriend over New Years and that I have money to pay all my bills. I also hope it will be a minimum of family drama over Christmas (I wish!).


Done

 ♥ Finding the perfect job (or a job at all)
I got a job for three weeks to sell symbolic gift certificates for IM, a Swedish organisation.
1/1 done


♥ NaNoWriMo
To write a novel of 50 000 words in 30 days (or basically 2000 words for 30 days). I WON. To follow my journey just look at the tag NaNoWriMo ;)
1/1 done

 

 

Ongoing

♥ Selling/giving away
This is going slow but steady. Keep selling something every time I put stuff up for sale. It is not much but at least it is a small income and I get more space.
Neverending
 
♥ Taking care of things in basement

Unchanged, should go down to handle things soon, waited for my ex to get his stuff but that seems to not happen. I haven't been down since the flooding to take care of things, but then I saw several stuff I could sell so I should probably get cracking on that.
3/4 done 

Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $6.46. This might get included in the book project, one of the books might support Panzi.
0/1 done

♥ Children's books project

Seems like this is on ice considering busy people, I will look more into it before I put it on hold. About project: I've slowly gotten more and more disturbed that 90% of the main characters are boys in books and that if there is a girl she's wimpy and frankly not independent and cool and dare to do things. So, I started my own project where I hope to organise and make 5 children's books with girl leads. I got some people interested and planning on a meeting with a printing company soon.
0/4 done

♥ NEW: Finding a job (preferably indoors)
Suggestions are appreciated! I can work in Sweden or abroad. My resume: Eng / Swe (.pdf)
0/1 done


On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it.
3/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done 

♥ Closet project - on hold

I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl?

3.5/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.