Tuesday, November 18, 2014

NaNoWriMo, day 18

Today I had a bit of a scare, as I was going to cut some text out of my novel to move it to another section Word decided to do a recovery save so the whole program hanged itself. After a long wait I could safely say it didn't unhang itself.

I checked in dropbox to see when my latest save was which it claimed to be around 14:30 (after my first hour today) and thus nothing from the second hour I had just almost finished (100 words shy) even though I knew I had saved several times. It made me nervous, would I lose a whole hour worth of work and would I then still finish NaNo if I did? I then checked how often the setting was set to do recovery savings, which I knew I tweaked some other time, and it was 5 minutes. I therefore with my heart pounding shut down Word and said yes to restarting with the recovery. It is one of my most nervous times ever.

I had written two pages during that hour and was so nervous I would lose those two, especially since I really liked one scene and felt I had perfected it not long before it hanged itself. When it started again I was missing around 200 words (a quick estimate) and thus my last one or two paragraphs. It was sad that they were gone because I really liked what I had written there but the new paragraphs are totally ok, not as great but ok. I also missed a sentence here or there, at least one I noticed but it didn't change much so it didn't bother me that much. I am so grateful that things went as good as it did.

I reached 35 998 words today and thus I wrote 2087 words (more if you count the loss).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.