Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hitting 50k and winning NaNoWriMo

The feeling of accomplishing a goal you thought was impossible 26 days ago is crazy, it is beyond words. I am so ecstatic. The only thing I shouted out on social media was "I WON NANOWRIMO" and then a lot of exclamation marks.

For the last 26 days I have been slaving on my novel's first draft and now today I reached 50 027 (50 043 according to NaNo website) and validated it. I have a few scenes I need to finish before my first group of readers can read it but I won. I won NaNoWriMo. I literally wrote 50 000 words in a month, something I thought was impossible 26 days ago when my big goal was to reach 10k.

I reached 10k, then I reached 25k and then I today reached 50k and can proudly call myself a NaNo winner. It is almost too big to completely comprehend, but yet not.

The rest of you still slaving away, you can do this, no matter how much you have written I am sure you can do it and even if you don't reach 50k you will have reached far longer into your story than if you hadn't tried at all.

Later today I will do a sum up of day 25 and 26. It will come, I just need to bask in this feeling a little while first :D

--
5 days left of 10% on notebooks with the code NANOWRIMO14 in my etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.