Sunday, August 31, 2014

Projects update: August

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: June & July | May | April | March | February | January


Plan was before to write in the first half of each month but I realised that it kept being push forward and forward until it one month completely disappeared so from now on I am going to write this at the end day of the month (easier to remember).

Anyway, August have been a bit of a stressful month and also pretty nice since I had a friend over and we had lots of fun. Stressful mostly because things out of my control went haywire, like today when the basement was flooded. I am hoping for a better September

Hopes for September: to get stuff sold in my etsy shop and that people will like the two new styles I am going to add tomorrow on notebooks. I hope I will finally get a job, if only a job that last for one day. If nothing else I hope I have enough to pay all my bills at the end of the month.

Done

♥ DONE: photo exhibition
The day went pretty well and several are positive on exhibiting next year too. I only have the evaluation left so I will deem this finished. I am hoping I get to organise it next year too.
4/4 done 

 

Ongoing

♥ Selling/giving away
This is going slow but steady. I went to a flea market and sold a lot of my stuff which feels really nice. I also sold off some clothes at the Swedish ebay, as said slow but steady.
Neverending

♥ Finding the perfect job (or a job at all)
Suggestions are appreciated in whatever, I am getting desperate.
0/1 done

♥ Taking care of things in basement
Today the basement was flooded so I took care of some of it. My apartment is now full of drawings and photos drying up. I am also hoping to go through the stuff soon as soon as the 5-10 cm water is gone which will make it way easier when you can use the floor!
3/4 done 

Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $6.46. This might get included in the book project, one of the books might support Panzi.
0/1 done

♥ Children's books project

Two books are in the pipeline, need to contact authors/illustrators in September to see how it is going and book an appointment with the printing company. Nothing was done in August. About project: I've slowly gotten more and more disturbed that 90% of the main characters are boys in books and that if there is a girl she's wimpy and frankly not independent and cool and dare to do things. So, I started my own project where I hope to organise and make 5 children's books with girl leads. I got some people interested and planning on a meeting with a printing company soon.
0/4 done


On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it. It might have been moved to the studio.
3/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done 

♥ Closet project - on hold

I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl
?

3.5/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.