Sunday, July 20, 2014

Projects update: June & July

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: May | April | March | February | January

I had the project update for June in the pipeline but I never got around to publishing it so instead this is for both June and July. In June it was a mostly dreary summer weather wise which made it impossible for me to photograph my creations properly but I've tried to photograph some things during July. I have mostly put my time into trying to find a job, so far no luck though. The photo exhibition is finally under way after being very up in the air the last couple of months so that feels good. I am hoping to sort things out in the basement soon but it's a bit of an uphill to go there since it just makes me sad to see the smoke damaged stuff but sooner or later that needs to be taken care of anyway.

Done

nothing...
 

Ongoing 

♥ NEW: photo exhibition
A photo exhibition this year too! 23rd of August is the day and so far a bit over 10 people have signed up to exhibit.
0/4 done

♥ Selling/giving away
This is going slow but steady.
Neverending

♥ Finding the perfect job (or a job at all)
Suggestions are appreciated in whatever, I am getting desperate.
0/1 done

♥ Taking care of things in basement
Haven't done much on this, need to go through stuff in my basement now when I've gotten stuff back. I hope to dare to do this soon. I've given up on the cleaning company because clearly they do not want to help me, I will see what I can do myself with the things in basement. I truly hope my box with Christmas ornaments can be cleaned and thus saved. I will also see what I can sell.
3/4 done 

Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $6.46. This might get included in the book project, one of the books might support Panzi.
0/1 done

♥ Children's books project

Two books are in the pipeline, I haven't done much since the work lies with the authors at the moment, need to book an appointment with the printing company again though. About project: I've slowly gotten more and more disturbed that 90% of the main characters are boys in books and that if there is a girl she's wimpy and frankly not independent and cool and dare to do things. So, I started my own project where I hope to organise and make 5 children's books with girl leads. I got some people interested and planning on a meeting with a printing company soon.
0/4 done


On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it. It might have been moved to the studio.
3/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done 

♥ Closet project - on hold

I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl
?

3.5/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.