Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Thigh gaps: acquired through malnourishment

A while back I found a short article through pinterest about thigh gaps and now and then it resurface in my mind, especially when I read something like "My thighs touch each other but I'm happy anyway" or "I need to loose weight, my thighs touch each other".

It seems like a lot of people think that if your thighs meet then you're fat (the two comments above portrays that pretty well), far from it, that is why I decided to comment this since I see it as a destructive cultural phenomenon going on online (usually with pictures) as I write this.

Thigh gaps can be created in two ways:
1. malnourishment, at extreme weight loss the abductor muscle along the inner thigh will waste away and the butt will loose mass and thus create the gap.
2. slightly splayed pelvis, it makes a natural gap between the thighs - it is not dangerous.

So next time you look at your thighs and feel fat because they touch each other, think instead that your thigh muscles are healthy and functioning as they should. I say: your body and you are going to tag along for a very long time so treat  it well.

You can read the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.