Sunday, May 18, 2014

Last thoughts on HIMYM: good bye

I just finished watching the last episode of How I Met Your Mother and I have to say the last two contained a lot of surprises, things I did not expect.

*SPOILER ALERT*


I have to say though that I always root for the impossible couple which never gets one another, this time it was Barney and Robin, them divorcing made me really sad and I was hoping even toward the end they would find each other AGAIN but alas no. A bit cheesy and somewhat expected ending but the road to that place in the final episode was eventful.

It feels like we left them in a good place, not like other shows where you don’t feel that satisfaction in your chest but want more or feel like there are so many unfinished business left. Clear ending with no loose threads – at least in my opinion. The feeling after seeing the last episode remind me of how I felt when I saw the end of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. except this time I didn’t cry my eyes out.

I don’t know how I would feel about a TV series but about Tracy, Ted’s wife, and how she found him – it feels a little like the concept is over and done BUT I have to say I really like her character (sweet and funny).

*END SPOILER*


Anyway, have to wrap this up. It’s been one helluva ride HIMYM and you have now said your final good bye in Sweden too. Thank you for the good times and see you again and again on all the gazillion reruns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.