Thursday, May 22, 2014

I voted in the EU election

Under 50% of the population in Sweden voted in the last EU election. In the two EU elections I've been able to vote in I have voted, I see it as as my duty in a democratic country, specially since so few actually vote. Today I voted in EU, I think it's important specially since the racist parties are on the move in Europe.

I voted for equal rights for all, for a humane refugee policy, for multiculturalism, for pro choice, for the environment, I voted against nuclear power plants and against mass surveillance of people. I voted for things I believe in, I voted because I want this world to be a better place for us and generations to come. I voted because I want all people to be safe and welcome.

I voted for a party that believe in diplomacy and not war and that believe in human rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.