Sunday, April 27, 2014

First try at washing hair with no shampoo

I've read up on No poo which means No Shampoo, lots of curlies and wavies out there have recommended it so I thought why not? I go after Balsammetoden (Conditioner method) which seem to be a version of No poo where you only use conditioner and mechanically try to remove the fat and icky stuff in your hair (which you normally remove chemically with the shampoo).

Today I tried doing so for the first time! My hair is still wet in a bun on my head but I am definitely hoping I got it all out (sceptical) and if not I need to rinse it some more. People have told me that when you think you've rinsed enough then do it some more. I also counted to 120 seconds (2 minutes) when mechanically cleaning my scalp since I've heard that's the recommended time to do so.

I'm truly hoping that my hair will be cleaned and rinsed enough. It was pain trying to make work around my scalp to be sure I've touched every part of it. I'm not sure if I will stick to this since it's such a time consumer trying to clean it BUT if it worked today I might at least try to try a month to see if it makes a difference on the look and quality of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.