Friday, March 07, 2014

Turning 27

I am 27 springs and one day today. My life isn't straightened out and perfect, it's messy and weird but I guess that's life. I've now reached the age where Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and many more died. 27. When I think of them it doesn't feel old, when I think of me it feels old. 27. Crazy how time passed, I don't feel so "old", like I'm closing in on 30. Then again, how are you supposed to be when you're 27? I don't know.

I had this idea in my head when I was in my early twenties(!) that 27 was when I  had sorted out my life a bit more and knew where I was heading - now when I've actually reached the late twenties(!) I really can't say I know that much more, except now I have a degree. If I go even further back I thought I would still be in school by now, I had planned to study journalism for 3 years, pedagogy after that and then finish it off with some Latin and Arabic. I did study journalism for one semester, an Italian course and ended up being an arts manager!

For my 27th year on this planet I hope that I:
  • get a job I love
  • move
  • photograph more
  • laugh more
  • read lots of good books
  • travel somewhere in Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.