Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Studio Ghibli takes on Ronja in new TV series

I stumbled over two news in one yesterday! Studio Ghibli is making a TV series (first news) based on Ronja Rövardotter (Ronja the Robber's Daughter) (second news) written by the Swedish children's author Astrid Lindgren (R.I.P.). I love the TV version and have watched it numerous times as a kid, never read the actual book though, so it will be very interesting on how true to Ronja's character they will be.

I find it both intriguing to see her portrayed by someone else but also a bit "keep your hands off", but I will definitely try to watch it. My only concern is that it's Goro Miyazaki who is behind the movie and his works aren't among my favourites, I hope he will surprise me.

In the only released image so far she has short hair and colourful clothes, unsure about the hair since I liked it long and bushy but I don't mind the colourful clothes since it is anime after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.