Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 10 - Your favorite director

A part of the 30 day movie challenge

This was a hard one since I don't generally think in terms of director when I watch a movie so I took 18 of my favourite movies which aren't animated or Disney and piled them up, out of them there's only two movies where a director comes up more than once. It was Almost famous and Elizabethtown which are both directed by Cameron Crowe.

That didn't really cut it so I went back just thinking and came up with two directors I like.

1. Tim Burton
I've never been a super fan of Nightmare before Christmas but Corpse bride is among my all time favourite movies and Edward Scissorhands have been there (still special to me). I think he's a genius at what he does and he should definitely continue to do so.

2. Hayao Miyazaki
He's the director of Howl's moving castle, Spirited away and Kiki's delivery service which is three out of my four all time favourite Studio Ghibli movies (the fourth being Arrietty). I think he's a genius too and I have the biggest respect for him in that sense but I truly hated the interview with him on the DVD to Arrietty where he put down the guy directing the movie.

What I did learn from my list I made is that there really need to be more female directors. Out of 18 movies there was only one woman, Sofia Coppola. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.