Monday, December 16, 2013

Projects update: December

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | AprilMarch | Feb | Jan

November was the creation month for me. I managed to make all the earrings I had planned and lots of other stuff which I could sell. I also on the 30th of November dared to sell at my very first Christmas market which went so-so. It was, overall, a very productive month.

Done

100 earrings challenge
The plan was to make 100 new earrings, without cutting on my standards, by the 15th of November. Those 100 will be sold at Christmas fairs and those that don't get sold will turn up on etsy in January 2014. I've managed to do 100+. Some of them weren't complete last time so I considered this "ongoing", even though some of them still need so tweaking I am considering this done now.
102/100 done

Christmas fairs
Quite happy with how it went. I've written separate blog posts about how it all went down and what I learned during these two fairs. Kulturen Day 1, Day 2+overall and St Gertrud. 
4/4 done

Ongoing

 
♥ Selling/giving away
Need to up my game with this, I now have 3 bags of clothes and books that I need to sell off. Hopefully I can focus on this soon so I can sell in January.
Neverending

♥ Finding the perfect job
Suggestions are appreciated in events and festival organising and youth projects all over the world.
0/1 done

♥ Taking care of things in basement
Nothing changed. My friend, who owns the storage unit my stuff are in (after the fire), is as easily caught as a unicorn - still.

2/4 done 


Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $1.
0/1 done 

♥ Closet project
I've finally added lavender pillows (made them from the tea filters I had instead of sowing from fabric). I still need to make the holes in the lids though, unsure what tools to use - an awl?
3.5/4 done

On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it. It might have been moved to the studio.
3/4 done

♥ Tech sale - on hold
All of the basement things are in another place due to fire and are smoke damaged (thankfully not thrown away as some of the stuff or burnt up). Tech sale is therefore put on hold. Need to get it all cleaned before I can sell it off.
1/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this, I've been autumn/winter inspired and now I focus on the 100 earrings challenge. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.