Monday, November 04, 2013

Wish artists to Bråvalla festival

This year the newcomer Bråvalla festival took the crown as the biggest festival in Sweden and sadly also the crown as the most non-equal festival. Of 103 bands/artists 86 of them were male dominated (17 were female dominated). I was therefore a happy camper when I got the news that you can now wish bands for next year! On the list are several females which I want to see.

Some artists I hope for (and voted for):
Adele, Delain, Evanescence, First aid kit, Flogging Molly, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Lindsey Stirling, Regina Spektor and Within temptation.

I also sent in some suggestions on my own:
Patti Smith, Angus & Julia Stone, Missy Higgins, The pierces, Lacuna coil, Metric, Elane, Agnes Obel, The Cranberries and Krypteria. I might have forgotten someone...

I'm all for more females in the music scene, specially at festivals since most of the music I listen to is female fronted (at least the vocals). We need more women in the music industry overall I say! Getting more women on the stages is a good step specially since some of the biggest names right now are females (like Lady Gaga and Beyoncé).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.