Tuesday, November 05, 2013

San Fransisco becomes Gotham city on 15th of Nov

Miles is a 5 year old boy with leukaemia. His wish to Make A Wish Foundation was to be BatKid. On 15th of November his wish will come true, on the streets of San Fransisco.

The day will start with the police chief asking if anyone knows where Batkid is. He will get to solve several crimes and captures several villains and his final stop will be at the city hall where he will get the key to the city from the mayor and the police chief!

This truly restore my faith in humanity, in kindness in people. The whole story when I first read it in the newspaper made me cry. It's such a fantastic thing to do, so I really hope that if you have the possibility that you join in on this adventure. If I was in the Bay area I would definitely participate, now I just spread the news and hope someone else will (if you do, please comment). You can read more at Make A Wish.

Ways you can participate if you're in the area (taken from website):
1) You are invited to catch the action in one of these locations and cheer on Batkid as he fights crime and battles villains:
  • Look on as a flashmob warns Batkid that Mr. P has kidnapped Lou Seal and see them speed away from Union Square (approximately 12:45pm)
  • Join in a massive celebration at City Hall at 2pm as SF Mayor, Ed Lee, and the Police Chief present Miles with a key to the city and congratulates him on a job well done (approximately 2:00pm)
2) You are welcome to capture it on film, video, and in print. We are happy to provide you  with additional information about Miles, his wish, our organization, and the sequence of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.