Monday, November 18, 2013

Projects update: November

When I do things that is a bit bigger I call them projects, it can be everything from organising an event to rearranging my kitchen. It's good for both having a good overview of what needs to be done and for evaluating when it's finished. Below are some of the ones I've been working on lately and their status.

Last update: Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | AprilMarch | Feb | Jan

October went by with lots of clouds and rain this year and ended with a bang - the storm St. Jude (Swedes called it Simone). I've been fixing and e-mailing and lots of work to be able to have stuff ready for the Christmas fairs in December. So far in November I've gotten lots of the stuff done for the fairs, just half of it left - approximately.

I was hoping to get the earrings done and they are, I've made like 102 earrings but because of I ran out of ear hooks they're not finished for real and some I need to tweak because I couldn't see they weren't the same height because I didn't have hooks for them. Now I can't stall this post any longer so I'm posting it anyway, without that post being declared finished.

Done

♥ Fem grenar project (former exhibition project) - DONE
Everything went great, some mishaps but that's the way it is when organising - what's important is how you deal with them. Several artists got stuff sold. I'm really happy overall.
4/4 done

Ongoing

 
♥ Selling/giving away
Dreary weather outside (yay November) plus my awful lighting in the apartment makes this a bit of a struggle, unfortunately.
Neverending

♥ Finding the perfect job
Suggestions are appreciated in events and festival organising and youth projects all over the world.
0/1 done

♥ Taking care of things in basement
Nothing changed since October. My friend, who owns the storage unit my stuff are in (after the fire), is as easily caught as a unicorn.

2/4 done 


Project Panzi hospital
I read an article about the survivors of sexual violence that Panzi have taken care of and that the hospital need an industrial washing machine so through deviantART I'm trying to collect money, by selling donated prints. You can see more here. So far only collected $1.
0/1 done 

Christmas fairs
I've signed up for both Christmas fairs now! Im in the middle of making everything ready! I'm planning Christmas cards, coasters, calendars, lights in teacups, earrings and so on. Hopefully I will sell it all, if not then I will sell it at etsy.
1/4 done

NEW: 100 earrings challenge
The plan is to make 100 new earrings, without cutting on my standards, by the 15th of November. Those 100 will be sold at Christmas fairs and those that don't get sold will turn up on etsy in January 2014. I've managed to do 100+ but they're not complete all of them thus is this not finished.
102/100 done

On hold

♥ Friendship project - on hold
3 (of 4) still needs to be photographed and shipped to their owners. I've just put the box with the bracelets in a safe place so now I can't find it. It might have been moved to the studio.
3/4 done

♥ Closet project - on hold
Nothing new. I still need to make holes in the plastic boxes and add (make) lavender pillows
3.5/4 done

♥ Tech sale - on hold
All of the basement things are in another place due to fire and are smoke damaged (thankfully not thrown away as some of the stuff or burnt up). Tech sale is therefore put on hold. Need to get it all cleaned before I can sell it off.
1/4 done

♥ Earring project Z - on hold
Haven't had the time to work on this, I've been autumn/winter inspired and now I focus on the 100 earrings challenge. This was mostly to inspire myself, I'm being plenty of inspired lately without it. Parts: make, photograph and put up on Etsy and deviantART.
1/4 done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.