Tuesday, November 19, 2013

5pointz in NY - the mecca of graffiti - is no more

Got the sad news today that 5pointz doesn't exist anymore. The owners painted the whole place white overnight with police protection and thus removing years and years of epic art from unknown to famous aerosol artists. As a twitter user said, according to the article, it's now hospital white. I'd say, ugly hospital white with the look of like a 4 year old got a white pen and just doodled all over everything.

I knew this would happen sooner or later but I cultural heritage has been destroyed I say... for profit. Sadly I already wrote about this overhanging danger in 2012 and now it was made real. Sad day.

You can read more about the destruction and see pictures at Brownstoner Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.