Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

It's that time of year again when the veil between us and the spirit world is thin, when the kids trick or treat and women wear slutty costumes. Yay!

In Sweden Halloween isn't a big thing, it's growing, but it's not big yet. When I was 10 or 11 I went trick or treating with a friend in my grandma's neighbourhood and more than half didn't know what the heck we wanted. There were two awesome women though who had dressed up as witches and everything but they had given up when we came and sat on the veranda. I do hope they continued dressing up every year.

In Sweden it's All Hallows eve tomorrow and All Hallows day on Saturday where most people go to the graves and light a candle, at least the older generation, mine doesn't do that yet so much.

I have fake pumpkins (and one real) in my apartment and a small skeleton. I have a pumpkin garland over the sofa and lots and lots of candle holders (I always have). The kitchen table is festive for the occasion. I'm not going to go to a party and such though, so no dress up this year.

One day I would love to go to Mexico and celebrate Day of the dead there. I'm fascinated by it. Anyway, have a lovely evening! )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.