Monday, May 06, 2013

A classic book summer?

With The perks of being a wallflower finally being translated into Swedish I've even more pondered about reading the book (specially after that the movie came out) but I can't decide which language! English or Swedish? Usually I go for the translation but in this case something inside me says 'no'. I must admit, I'm a bit scared of reading English lit since it was quite some time ago I did, will I fully comprehend?

Then I start to ponder in the other direction... if I should read, in English, the modern classics: The perks of being a wallflower, To kill a mockingbird, Catcher in the rye and On the road. Now, these aren't classics in my country, I didn't even know that To kill a mockingbird had been translated, 2010(!), to Dödssynden (The death sin). I just feel might be time to take on these books.

What do you think? Should I go for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.