Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Why is the US giving away money like candy? [thoughts]

I was reading the news the other day when I stopped at an article about the US giving 200 million dollars (just to clarify: 200 000 000 dollar, lots of zeros) to Jordan. Why? So Jordan can take or of the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. Just a while ago before that the US also gave 12 million dollars (12 000 000 dollars) to Syrian rebels. Really nice of them...

...but WHY?

I mean, for having a national debt of almost 17 000 000 000 000 dollars* they really hand out money like nothing - like candy.

I really can't wrap my head around this, why hand out money when you have none to give? Why not focus on putting all of those millions into its own country to get it back on its feet and in the process get the world economy on its track too?

If I had a friend who wanted to give me money because s/he felt sorry for me or wanted to be nice and I knew that friend had financial issues h**self I would say no. It just wouldn't feel right and that money should go to paying off debts and bills. If that friend splurged money like the US does I would tell him/her to grow up, same goes for the US: grow up and take care of your own people!

A possible tinfoil hat-reason though to why the US splurges money everywhere might be to get countries on their side, what for I don't know, but you know as they say: if I scratch your back you scratch mine. We all know that no country is so nice that they give money without expecting anything in return, just look at EU and its demands on Greece, Spain, Cyprus, etc.

The fact still stands though, to give away money when you really don't have any is to give a check that will bounce or to shop up the credit on your credit card just to realise you can't pay the bill. I seriously think the US need to rethink what they're doing.

--
* That's 53 dollars per citizen or 148 dollars per tax payer. It lives approx 315 million people in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.