Sunday, January 27, 2013

TED Talk: How movies teach manhood

I found this TED Talk really interesting. It's about how men and women are portrayed in movies and how that affect children (and us). Colin Stokes, the lecturer, talks about that we need more movies that show boys that cooperation is heroic (instead of defeating evil alone) and that respecting women is equally cool as defeating the evil guy. He also brings up the simple Bechdel test which is used to identify gender bias in movies.

I truly recommend this 13 minute long talk. If you don't have time right now then put it in your "must watch" pile since it's truly an important issue in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.