Tuesday, November 20, 2012

And they wonder why people download?

There are a rare few TV series I follow and one of them happen to be Vampire diaries. I've been waiting patiently for it to start this autumn in Sweden.

First information was December and I was unsure how I could wait for that, specially considering I have several friends around the globe who already have started to see the new season (4). Then recently channel 6 (the one airing VD in Sweden) came out with the information* that season 4 will première on 26th of January 2013! It premièred on 11th of October in the US (this year) and the late première here annoys me because I doubt subtitling take that long. Things like this makes me frustrated to live in Sweden.

Sure I could put my head in the sand and pretend there is no Vampire diaries comments online but there are. It's like when Blair and Dan in Gossip girl hooked up, it trended all over twitter. It's hard in a global world where it's important to be in the know to be left behind. If you don't know it then someone else will and ruin your surprise.

To hold on movies and TV series, music and so on won't make people more interested to abide by the law... and they wonder why Swedes download so much - mostly, because things come here too late (example: season 2 of Game of thrones won't air until next year). We live in a global world and if the companies won't give us what we want and treat us equally then our peers will.

I still believe in trying to be as close to the original air date as possible with TV series. I believe in world premières on more than "popular" movies. I believe in living in the 21st century.

To add more salt to the wound channel 6 decided to air on Saturdays at 18:00 (6pm). Almost all comments to their première update* are about if there will be reruns and therefore possible to see it at other times. Vampire diaries has always aired on Fridays here. We'll see if they change their mind.

* In Swedish, use translate google (read with caution, translation sucks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.