Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why not free of charge police surveillance in Sweden?

Investigators for the government have said that they want the law changed so that sports clubs don't have to pay for police surveillance during games. It's to reduce the violence connected to sports (mostly football) but it makes me wonder, why not for music events too?

I believe that big gatherings like concerts, festivals, games and so on should have police surveillance free of charge, it's a matter of public safety not a financial opportunity for the police. For some big events the bill is up on millions of SEK and that affects the consumer and that's just not right.

The final report is due at the end of March 2013.
Source (Swedish)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.