Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: UP [animated movie]

UP is a movie that manages to make a heart quenching love story in 10 minutes followed by an amazing adventure. I cried, I laughed and I adventured with the characters in this movie.

It's about 78 year old Carl who, together with his wife, has had a life long dream to go to a lost land in South America where his and his wife's greatest hero has adventured. He's more determined than ever to go there now when his wife is dead, to fulfil her dream.

So when he's forced to the retirement home he decides to go to South America instead. He therefore lifts his whole house with helium balloons. On his adventure he happens to bring along the little boyscout Russel and meet a huge bird called Kevin and a talking dog named Dug.

This is a very endearing movie and I'm glad I own this on DVD. I think that the characters are well made. I must add though that I really like that Russel is Asian and not stereotypically "white". The movie is both fun and sad but also with a sentiment that says "you can do anything you set forth to do if you really want to".

UP is definitely a movie to watch on a rainy day but be aware, those first 10 minutes is heartbreaking but oh so lovely.


Carl and Russell by *sharpie91 on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.