Monday, September 24, 2012

Music Monday: Elizabeth Fraser

I watched Cruel Intentions (1999) the other day and as usual I just loved Bitter sweet symphony by The Verve (I even have their album Urban hymns with that song somewhere). I decided to listen to some of the other songs from the movie and was caught by This love sung by Elizabeth Fraser.

Elizabeth was the lyricist and vocalist in Cocteau Twins between 1981 (when she was 17) and 1998 when the band disbanded. She has since then had a solo career (two albums) and done some songs with other artists like Massive Attack, Yann Tiersen and Craig Armstrong (This love). She has also contributed music to several movies, for example The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and of course Cruel Intentions.

Elizabeth's voice is pure magic and is perfect in This love, you will just float away while listening. It almost gives me chills - in a good way. Such a beautiful song.


This love by Elizabeth Fraser and Craig Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.