Thursday, September 27, 2012

Finally, a youtube video with restriction for Americans!

I've earlier written about the fact that I think we should have international borders on culture because I'm sick of getting restrictions due to living in the wrong country. My friends in the US never had that problem, until now.

I stumbled over H.I.M which is a Finnish rock band I liked when I was around 16-17 years old. I listened on youtube on some of their songs I liked back then (like Sweet pandemonium, that intro is an ear orgasm). A friend of mine in the US got curious so I linked him two songs, Sweet pandemonium and Sacrament, the second one gave him this:

25th of Sept, print screen from the US

I had a blast. So H.I.M, which is a Finnish band, has restrictions in the US on one of their songs from the album Love metal, released in 2005... intriguing! It's not as when youtube put a restriction on Pour some sugar on me by Def Leppard (released in 1987) for me but it's at least a small consolation prize.

I really don't get the purpose of these restrictions though, maybe for super fresh songs that aren't out everywhere at the same time (which is silly that they aren't) but other than that: no. Nevertheless, it was fun to finally see an American with the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.