Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wicked the musical in Disney format?

A year or so ago Heido Jo Gilbert made a story reel on how to make Wicked which is the story about the Wicked Witch of the West Elphaba into a Disney movie. Unfortunately she based it off Stephen Schwartz musical version and I think the book is way better (more nuanced) but I understand why she preferred to base it off the musical - the songs are amazing. I'm not sure if it would ever happen but below you can see the story reel of the Defying Gravity scene.

I do hope that if the movie ever happens they ask the original cast to do the voices instead of the ones used in the video which are too alike and blend too much. I want Kristin Chenoweth as Glinda and Idina Menzel as Elphaba because their voices mix so well.




Defying Gravity Storyboards from Heidi Jo Gilbert on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.