Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: Princess Mononoke

First I must say that Princess Mononoke is a very intriguing movie. I love how they made the bad guy (woman) complex, not just mean without a cause (which is a general problem in fairy tales and stories). She does what she thinks is right in her world view and tries to take care of other people the way she know how. You can't bring yourself to hate her, which is good.

I quite liked this movie, specially the forest scenes with the forest gods. It captures you and won't let you go until the end. My complaint about the movie, as always with Studio Ghibli, is the rushed end. It always feels like they ran out of time and just put something together.

It's beautifully made though and I like how nothing truly is black or white but more of a grey scale - like life. We try to help our fellow man the way we know how but sometimes other things might get hurt in the process, like Mother Earth. What we need to do is to find a middle ground and live and coexist with each other - like mankind and nature or people from different cultures sharing the same country. If we go beyond our differences we might see our similarities.


Princess Mononoke by ~AtomiccircuS on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.