Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Get the most out of your day with these tools

The last two days or so I've been using KanbanFlow, a to do-chart, and Pomodroido, a timer app based on the Pomodoro technique.


KanbanFlow
The first one is a chart of to do-lists which you can put in different colums, colours, time and subtasks. I find this very useful, since I always write lists on what to do... mostly because of the feel you get when you can cross something off. It's excellent for people who need their goals and taks visually. I have everything from reading magazine to moving books in my chart. It was also here I found out about the Pomodoro timer since KF has it integrated - choose a task and work on it for 25 minutes.

Pomodroido
Now, I don't use the timer inside KanbanFlow, mostly because I've been doing minor tasks which isn't on any of my to do-lists. I therefore searched for an android app and found Pomodroido (free) which suits my simple needs of a timer. The basics of it is work 25 minutes, rest for 5 minutes and on the fourth break you take a bit longer rest. It keep the energy levels even and I have something to work toward. Studies show for example that if you take two 5 min break during 50 minutes of work you will keep your energy levels balanced instead of them declining.


I think we all need to find ways to be more effective without burning out. We also need to remember that stress is good for us in moderation and that we can learn from our failures - if we just stop and think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.