Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Review: The girl with glass feet by Ali Shaw

When I finished the book, just a little while ago, the only descriptive words that came to my mind was:
"Frustrating, sad and beautiful. Good intrigues and well done with how everyone was entwined together but oh so frustrating"
I wrote my thoughts, as I always do, on the inside of the back cover of the book together with time and date of when I finished it.

The girl with glass feet makes you want to read more but it's not fantastic, mostly because of the frustration. One thing you need to be prepared for if you decide to read this book is that you're going to be heavily frustrated when reading because of what the characters do and don't do. I must say though that it's fascinating and well written. It even has some fairytale feel in it, but set in a modern time and for grown ups.

So, it's definitely worth a read but don't expect it to be a happy fairytale, it brings some thoughts to the Grimm brothers' works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.