Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review: Laputa: castle in the sky

I quite like this Studio Ghibli movie. It's not s total favourite but i think it's in fourth place together with Kiki's delivery service. What I really like about it is how sweet and kind the boy Pazu is after just meeting Shiita (why can't we all be like that?). He helps her right away and even the pirates are more than what you think in the beginning.

The movie is quite dark and it reminds me a bit about NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind which is also in the more dark spectra, which frankly almost all Studio Ghibli movies are in one way or another, except Totoro. I really can't finger point why it reminds me of NausicaƤ though (but I liked this one more). Even if Laputa is dark it also has that feel that things will be ok at the end, just as a fairytale should. I can definitely see this again :)


Laputa by ~starryjohn on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.