Monday, April 09, 2012

Art quotes

I was at Moderna museet this weekend and to my surprise they have quotes from different artists on the inside of the lockers, on the outside it says who said it. I found it really cool and photographed several of them to remember.

- Henry Matisse -

A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.
Diane Arbus

One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind.
Dorothea Lange

I didn't want to get into something which is played out and narrow. I want to do as I like, invent my own interests.
Donald Judd

It has never been my object to record my dreams, just to realize them.
Man Ray

I work with nature, although in completely new terms. For me nature is not landscape, but the dynamism of visual forces.
Bridget Riley

I didn't sleep many hours at night, and I painted awful paintings. But I did paint!
Barbro Ă–stlihn

I like boring things.
Andy Warhol

If you want to have clean ideas, change them as often as you change your shirts.
Francis Picabia

When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time.
Cy Twombly

- Lee Lozano -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts on my scribbles. Feel free to share :) I will answer here on the blog.

copyright

© Petite Caja - All rights reserved.